Are you a playwright? La Petite Morgue is willing to consider your script! Here are the guidelines you need:
- Your script must be horror. No comedies, no spoofs. A horror play can have drama, but having horrible things happen doesn't make your drama into a horror play. Hamlet has a ghost in it, but that doesn't mean Hamlet is a horror show.
- We are interested in plays written for the stage. We don't make films. Yet.
- We will consider musicals, if they are as dark or darker than Sweeney Todd.
- We will consider one-man or one-woman shows, if they are sufficiently fascinating.
- Please send us no more than 30 pages the first time you submit. You can send us three different ten minute plays, or the first 30 pages of your full length play, or any combination you like, but please don't send us more than 30 pages worth of work. If we like those thirty pages, we'll invite you to send more.
- Our ideal submission is a unique, suspenseful horror show that A.) is scary and B.) features compelling characters. We especially like strong female characters, surprising endings, and plays with immersive or interactive elements.
- Send your scripts to: email@example.com and make sure to include your name and an e-mail address where you can be reached in the document. Microsoft Word and PDF are the best formats for submissions.
- Unfortunately, we do not have time to respond to every submission, and we will only contact you if we are interested in producing something or if we want to see more of your work.
- The best way to get a sense of what we like is to attend one of our events and experience the live horror for yourself! The Fresh Blood Monthly Reading Series for New Horror takes place on the first Wednesday night of every month at 8pm at The Dressing Room Boutique & Bar, 75A Orchard Street, Manhattan.